Entertain your family this holiday season...
Most of us are challenged with keeping kids of all ages entertained for the summer holidays !
Here are a few suggestions of activities in and around Heidelberg for toddlers to teens that can make this holiday something to remember:
1. Take a walk on the Kruis koppie for a spectacular view of the town and enjoy a picnic.
2. Visit the Culinary Express museum, restaurant and play area and enjoy a cold craft beer on a hot day while kiddies play in the playpark
3. Enjoy the Silver Oaks Parkrun just outside Heidelberg every Saturday morning at 8:00 am, register at www.parkrun.co.za/silveroaks
4. Do a hiking trail in the Suikerbosrand Reserve, contact no 082 484 8150
5. Complete an art project at the Craft Friends shop in Pretorius street, contact them on 082 927 5916 or 084 732 9781
6. Learn some tennis skills @ Cecilia contact 071 689 5915
7. Thinking about some gholf ? Contact Johannes Geldenhuys on 073 643 8515.
8. Visit the Hydeaway farm to experience the production of cheese and other dairy products, contact Dinki on 083 254 3921
9. Pull together, rent a jumping castle and let the little ones enjoy it all day long ! Contact Yolande 082 852 2359 or Jurita 076 492 8636
10. Tap into some websites and Pinterest ideas for an endless source of ideas, many at no costs. Here are a few suggestions:
Please feel free to add to our list of local activities and make some memories for our children in our beautiful town !